Instagram accounts with the verified badge “means Instagram has confirmed that the account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity or global brand it represents. This is according to Instagram itself.
How to Request Verification on Instagram
- Log into your Instagram account and navigate to Settings from the menu on the top right
- Inside Settings, click on “Account” and select “Request Verification”
- Complete the required fields and then hit send to start the review process
Tips for Instagram Account Verification
1. Authentic. Your account must be a real person, business, or entity. “Fan” accounts (like those created for celebrities) are excluded from this category.
2. Unique. Instagram typically doesn’t verify general interest or repost accounts. The content being created and posted must be your own.
3. Public & Complete. Instagram requires every verified account to be public and have a completely filled out bio. This includes having a profile picture and posts uploaded to your account.
4. No Cross-Promotion. Your account cannot have “add me” links that tell users to follow you on other social platforms. Your link should only be used to direct traffic to your website, store, landing page, etc.
There’s no minimum follower requirement to be verified on Instagram.
Instagram does not give specific reasons for denying verification requests.