Wilfred Musau is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the National Bank of Kenya. A position he took over from Munir Sheikh Ahmed at the age of 42 in the year 2016. Prior to his appointment he served as Director Retail and Premium Banking before acting in a caretaker position as MD and CEO of National Bank between September 2015 and October 2016.
Musau joined National Bank from NIC Bank where he had served as Head of Branch Business. Prior to joining NIC Bank he had served in various notable positions as Head of SME and Corporate Banking and Deputy to the MD KCB Rwanda as well as at Barclays Bank and Standard Chartered Bank where he started off his banking career.
Musau holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Kenyatta University and Master Class in Strategy from the University Of Stellenbosch Business School in South Africa.
He holds other qualifications in both Banking and Leadership Certifications.
- National Bank of Kenya Ltd – Wall Streed Journal
- Business Leaders Biography
- Appointment of Mr. Wilfred Mutuku Musau as the Bank’s MD and CEO – Rich Management, Nairobi Stocks Exchange Authorised Data Vendor
- 2015 Annual Reports and Financial Statements
- Think Business Banking Survey 2017 – Think Business.
- National Bank Profits Up As Government Commits To Inject 4.2 Billion To Boost Its Capital – Biz News.
- National Bank 2017 profit jumps 190% – Business Today, Nairobi.
- Kangethe, Kennedy (29 April 2016). NBK drops CEO Munir and two suspended managers – Capital Business
- Herbling, David (10 October 2016). National Bank board confirms Musau as CEO – Business Daily Africa
- Baratam, Sriram (29 September 2014). Wilfred Musau, Head of KCB SME Banking – Kuza Biashara