The online platform has eased the life of taxpayers in meeting various tax-based responsibilities. In Kenya, every registered tax payer with a personal identification number (PIN) obtained from the Kenya Revenue Authority must file tax returns every financial year
For all employed individuals and personal businesses should file their income tax as advised. For one to file his/her income will first go to iTAX.
- After opening your browser go to the website and type https:/itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
2. Ensure that you have all your information since you will be required to enter your KRA PIN and click to continue. The password should be correct as the security stamp will help in logging in. After opening the page click on the Enter Returns menu and select Income Tax Return (ITR) for employment income only as your specification.
3, Click on the return period and select ‘yes’ to the question ,’Do you have employment income?’ and click ‘Next’.
4. Confirm the employment income details by going through section F, details of employment income and confirm the name and pin of the employer , gross pay and other allowances as per your P9 form. Confirm details of Pay As You Earn (PAYE) deducted.
5. Go to sheet M, details of Pay As You Earn (PAYE) deducted, confirm employer details, Taxable salary, chargeable pay, Tax payable on taxable salary and PAYE deducted. It is important to note that details can be modified as per your P9.
6. Enter details of income tax paid in advance through section Q and capture a payment if any made prior to the filing of returns.
7. Ensure that there is Tax computation by going through section T, Tax computation. Enter defined / pension contribution amount as per your P9 actual contribution and personal relief.
8. Click submit and download the E-return acknowledgement receipt.